26 December 2005

A long December

So the year 2005 is winding down to a powerful close. It's been a good year. A year of changes and a year of growth. And to kind of finish out the year I decided I would make a list of observations I've made during the last 12 months. Here goes:

1) When did full on mountain beards become the new scene thing to do?
2) Despite it's bad reviews, Coldplay's "X&Y" record is really good.
3) Tom Cruise has lost his head. And so has Katie Holmes.
4) This was a year when rappers ended rivalries and white, upper-class news anchors started rivalries.
5) Fiona Apple, Mew, and My Morning Jacket released some of the greatest albums of the year.
6) The St. Louis Cardinals had a heck of a year. Let's see what the red birds can do in '06
7) Who really cares about the NBA? Seriously?
8) NHL made a comeback. Who really cares about the NHL? Seriously?
9) Movies were lacking in '05. Summer blockbusters weren't all that hot. But the winter flicks did ok.
10)A tsunami, an earthquake and hurricanes made a comeback in a big way in '05.
11)Does Tony Danza have a daytime talk show?
12)24 and Lost (in my opinion) are the two best shows on TV
13)Google Earth is the coolest thing ever. Trust me and go download it.
14)Reality TV was at it's worst this year with shows such as The Surreal Life, My Fair Brady, My Super Sweet 16 (incldue everything VH1 and MTV have done)
15)Music videos were absolute crap this year.
16)Did anyone see the lineup for SXSW???? Amazing

This will (probably) be it till 2006. Happy New Year

4 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, December 27, 2005 , Blogger Phillip said...

You have to give a New Years blog. I mean, seriously.

 
At 1:04 PM, December 27, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

17) spelling, and i ain't talking about tori. (see #10)

 
At 10:00 PM, December 27, 2005 , Blogger Patrick Copeland said...

Edited for Robbie. I really should use the spell check, but I'm so lazy.

 
At 8:01 PM, December 30, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know why... but even I have succumb to the notion that "full on mountain beards" can be kind of hot. Sorry. Surely it's only a phase?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home