26 September 2009

I hope you're not lonely without me


Recently I found that Netflix had delivered a quirky, British comedy to our house and I was a little unsure of my feelings towards watching it. I had see the previews and even tried to catch a showing when it was in the theaters. However, when I watched Happy Go Lucky I laughed. A lot. And quite enjoyed it.

The main character, Sally, has a true whit whose speed and delivery would rival that of Ricky Gervais from The Office (The *original* office). And with much joie de vivre, you can assume that Sally is not only hilarious, but also extremely happy and completely go-lucky.

Honestly though, the film doesn't have much of a story. There's not much character development, no huge climax, zero suspension. But simply watching a person live and fully enjoy her life is inspiring and a great reminder that we all take life way too seriously. All the time. And Sally reminds us to laugh at misfortune. To love others unconditionally. To be uninhibitedly silly. And above all, to enjoy your life.

I wasn't 100% sure that I was going to be able to say such great things about this one, but there's no doubt that you should check out this movie. It's certainly one that I'll be watching again.

1 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, February 19, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home