02 May 2005

I ran 13.1 miles

That's right. I ran a half-marathon. Hopefully that is something I can convince myself to never do again. Not that it was terribly hard, but I just don't like running that much.

Just for the record: I hate the Miami Heat and the Atlanta Braves. However, I respect the Braves. I do not respect the Heat. They swept the Nets in four straight games. Impressive?? Not really. The Nets barely made the playoffs this year and the team was not a solid unit. During all the games I was glad to see the refs calling tighter calls with Shaq, despite his moaning. Just because he is bigger than the other centers doesn't mean he can play them the same way he would play Tim Duncan or Yao Ming. SHUT UP SHAQ!

I will be sick if the Heat wins the NBA championship.

The Braves took the St Louis Cardinals 2 games to 1 this weekend with Saturday's game being questionable. Bobby Cox argued that a ground ball hit Albert Pujols in the foot as he ran to second base after two runs had already been pinned for the Cards.

I get frustrated at calls overturned like these, because the home plate umpire never overturns strike or missed strike calls when a skipper comes to argue. There is no instant replay in baseball and once a call is made I think it should stand unless every umpire on the pitch agrees that it needs to be changes. Calls should not be changed on the simple protesting of Bobby Cox.

The Cardinals still hold 1st place in the NL Central. And I really like that the Washington Nationals are atop the NL East division. Coming from Montreal with a terrible team, it is good to see a team have a total turnaround like this.

Celebrity Gossip: Apparently Tom Cruise is dating Katie Holmes. This is all according to Holmes' publicist. Holmes is my age 24 ( I think) and Cruise is nearly my parents' age. I still think that is kind of creepy. I know, I know....he's Tom Freaking Cruise right? Yeah, well he's still dating a girl half nearly half his age.

I just received "Desiring God" by John Piper in the mail (Thanks Mom) and I am really looking forward to reading it. According to those he have read it the purpose of the book is to expose our true duty as Christ believers to fully desire God. I look forward to this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home