25 March 2009

Sounded like an alarm of impending doom



I honestly didn't know what to expect when I stepped into an IMAX theater this weekend to view Watchmen. I had not read the graphic novel and I knew very little of the overall plot of the story, but I was optimistic that I would enjoy it. And I did.

Director, Zack Snyder did a great job and all of the rolls were really well cast. And the visuals...simply amazing. It was all great. And the most amazing thing was how, even though the original novel was written over a decade ago, the social and political symbolism still hold up. Maybe, even more so today than when it was originally written.

And Warner Bros. has a great website with tons of interactive goodies on it. Check it out at the link above.

Now, I can't compare it to the book, but it's definitely a film I enjoyed and one I will see again down the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home