24 June 2005

George is getting upset

The Supreme Court have voted to allow companies to pay "reasonable compensation" for people's homes and property. Dave Ramsey had a few things to say about it. The best point I heard him make was possibly the most obvious: "It's someone's property. They own it. I don't care how much good a company will do for a community, that property doesn't belong to the company."

Personally, I feel that this decision is completely screwed. I do see the economic benifits of the decision and I do understand that (more than likely) companies around the nation aren't just going to go hog wild and start moving people out of their homes. But I agree with Dave Ramsey in that it's no one's property except the owner's.

I also feel that Sandra Day O'Connor was correct in her statement that this decision favors rich corporations.

We'll just have to stay tuned and see how many people this affects.

1 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, June 24, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Copeland, if i had my way, you would run the world.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home