13 June 2005

Tony Alva

"The Lords of Dogtown" was a great movie. However, it may only be great to those that grew up skateboarding or interested in skateboarding and/or surfing. The acting was horrible, but expected, because the lead actors were not actors, they were skateboarders trying to act. But in the same sense, they truly portrayed how skateboarders acted. A lot of our group didn't enjoy the movie as much as I did. I just thought is was amazing to see how people reacted when they first saw a person get any air on a vert ramp. It was also great to see the beginnings of pool skating. I wish I could somehow get back for a year of that time to experience some of the things they did.

I think I may try to find an old board and go for a ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home