26 May 2006

Your smile is gone

Wow. A lot has been going on lately. I'll start with news stuff.

Congress is getting the immigration bill passed and signed right now. I think this is a great step for the US and will be a great "forward progress" for our country.

The 2nd Birmingham native, Taylor Hicks, was crowned the 5th American Idol this week. Following in the steps of other Bham natives Ruben Studdard and Bo Bice, Hicks is just proof that there is random awkward singers in the greater Birmingham area.

Some guy in Florida caught the world record hammer head shark this week weighing in around 1,100 lbs. They used 25 lb sting ray to bait the shark and fought for three hours to pull it in and only after the shark pulled the boat several miles out to sea.

MUSIC:

I just purchased the Angels & Airwaves record "We Don't Need To Whisper." It's great. They took great cues from the early 80's U2 sound and came up with an epic record that expresses thoughts and feelings about love, past war and the coming future. I highly recommend this record.

The Appleseed Cast "Peregrine" is another great record. For being a verteran band of the indie scene, these guys never cease to progress and create great tunes.

Phoenix "Alphabetical" and "It's Never Been Like That" are both great and both different. It's great to hear their musical genious expressed in a rock format after having been the backing band for the ambient project Air years ago.


MOVIES:

I just watched The DaVinci Code last night. I do understand why Christians and Catholics alike were having a hard time with this movie coming out. It is a great story and, although fictional, presents a great case of the idea of Christ being married and having a blood line. They tie it up very nicely and I think is ok. I can definately see why people would protest this, but a little story like that isn't going to shake my faith.

X3----- I think this movie (along with Pirates of the Carabbien 2) will be my favorite summer movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home