04 August 2008

Everything's gonna get better



I understand that Mates of State is one of those hit-or-miss bands for most people. However, I've always been a fan. They're quirky, poppy and have great chemistry as a band (not sure about their chemistry in a marriage, though).

Anyhow, I was a tad bit late to purchase their newest release Re-Arrange Us but I'm glad that I finally got around to it, because I really love this record. And, while they always have a similar sound and style from record to record, this is a great departure from their sometimes hard to hear circus organ sound. It's mostly focused on pure piano sounds with some low synths to carry the low end and some tasty horns (that's right...tasty horns).

It's a great, cohesive record and it's worth a listen at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home