20 April 2009

The Best Thing


Thanks to Art over at Quanstrom Physics, I was recently introduced to Great Northern: a band that (to me) seems completely and universally like-able. Maybe even love-able. A stand out track is "Low is a Height" and it's been one that I keep going back to many times a day. It's on their myspace via the link above and it deserves your attention.

Aside from sonic pleasure, you can really sink into the depth of their music. Something that many attempt and few actually succeed at doing. And that's using many layers to create art or music so soothing and calming and still hold an iota of intensity.

And it's really rare that I find an entire album like I did with their album "Trading Twilight for Daylight" and immediately want to immerse myself into every track. Well, not since Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet.

1 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, April 21, 2009 , Blogger AAQ said...

awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home