04 May 2009

In Honesty


If you haven't already, I highly recommend watching Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. It's a film by everyone's favorite monotone, Ben Stein (Bueller, Bueller).

The documentary is extremely well-made and covers the topic of scientific communities worldwide pushing the study of evolution so far and rejecting anything that has to deal with intelligent design.

Stein does an amazing job of never being anti-evolution or anti-Darwinism, but digs into the reasons why the scientific community at large is disallowing the mention of intelligent design or creationism as a "Scientific Theory" or option and even going so far as removing people from positions of education for mentioning intelligent design.

In interviews, Stein does such a great job of simply asking questions. He never takes an attacking approach and comes to some shocking answers from some of the world's top Darwinians and Evolutionists.

It's on demand on Netflix, so you don't even have to add it to your queue. And if you don't have Netflix yet...shame on you. It will change your life.

2 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, May 05, 2009 , Anonymous bobxxxx said...

I am a 28-year-old Nashville resident. I hold a degree in Journalism and Mass Communications from Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama. I am interested in religion, music, movies, books, sports and politics. I love God, my family, my friends and a nice steak with a loaded baked potato on the side.I see your problem. You're not interested in science. At least not as much as religion and those other things you listed. Most likely you know virtually nothing about evolutionary biology. You probably have a very weak understanding of how evolution works, and you probably are not aware of how powerful the evidence is.

So you watch a movie produced by idiots, and you like the movie because it supports your childish belief in supernatural magic, and because it criticizes scientific facts you know nothing about. Scientific facts that scare you so much you refuse to make any effort to understand those facts.

It's so much easier to watch a movie made by morons for morons than study science.

Science hard. Brain hurt.
God easy. No think.

By the way biologists laugh at intelligent design because those are just fancy words used by liars-for-jeebus to disguise supernatural magic to look scientific.

Comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the blog author.Now I will find out whether or not you're a typical Christian coward who loves censorship.

 
At 8:03 AM, May 06, 2009 , Blogger Patrick Copeland said...

Yes, bobxxxx. I watched this movie. Have you? I have nothing against the study and pursuit of Evolution/Darwinism, but I have a problem when they reject other theories such as ID. Science is meant to explore all. Not reject that which does not further an agenda. This film is more about the politics of the scientific community than trying to push ID as fact.

I welcome a non-blogger conversation about my intelligence, my faith and my trust in proven science. Let me know if you'd like my email address and we'll chat some more.

And, I would just make sure that you realized that you referred to Ben Stein as an idiot. That's pretty funny.

Also, in case you weren't aware, Evolution is a theory not a fact. Belief in this theory could ultimately compare to a childish belief in God or ID.

Let's chat.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home