07 September 2007

What is this Santa Clause?

Last night I watched the amazing documentary God Grew Tired of Us. This is an amazing documentary that covers an almost 20 year span of the Lost Boys of Sudan as they fled their homeland to Ethiopia to escape the war and genocide and then to Kenya to a camp that the UN helped establish.

After nearly 10 years at the camp in Kenya, the US government helped many of them relocate to the US. This transition was so amazing to see and to see from a first-person perspective of someone who's seen the horror in Sudan their entire life.

There's such a message of perseverance and hope in this documentary. It really made me put my life and my needs into perspective. So, go ahead and add this to your Netflix cue and thank me later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home