14 January 2008

Only The Truth



It was a movie-going-to weekend for me. And I was lucky enough to catch a matinée of "Juno." This is, hands-down, one of my favorite movies of the year. Granted I have missed three movies that might give "Juno" a run for her money (The Darjeeling Limited, No Country for Old Men and Into The Wild).

I'm no movie critic and I never claim to be an expert, but this movie is pretty perfect. It's hilarious, has an amazing cast/ensemble, has a script that's so well put together and does a great job of balancing the comedy with drama and emotion.

Ellen Page and Michael Cera are so perfect together. Actually Michael Cera is perfect on his own. There was not one scene with him (either serious or comical) that I didn't laugh out loud.

And - in what was a surprise to me - Jennifer Garner was top notch. I had my doubts about how she was pan out as an actress in a dry comedy, but she pulled it off well.

And to top it off, the Movie has a pretty stellar soundtrack featuring Belle & Sebastian, The Kinks and Cat Power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home