14 December 2007

Time on our hands



So, it happened. The Mitchell Report came to us in a 300 plus page binder to list the testimonies, back medical records, financial reports and much more of dozens of MLB players who have knowingly used steroids during their time as an MLB player.

I am a bucket full of mixed emotions about this. First I'm glad that light is finally shed on all of this. As I've mentioned in the past, I've always believed that sports should have a "one strike" policy when it comes to drugs, criminal activity and/or performance enhancing drugs. I feel that it would keep every sport more pure. I feel like it's great moment as other sports will start taking notice of what Baseball is doing. This is good. It really is.

But, I must say that I hated seeing some of my childhood favorites on the list. Wally Joyner? Even though he admitted to taking steroids only a couple of times before stopping forever, it breaks my heart. Roger Clemens, Benito Santiago. Man, that breaks my heart to see.

I guess there are going to be a lot of asterisks besides players names in the Hall of Fame.

All in all, it's a great day for the sport and for sports in general, but a sad day to see the truth of it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home