03 December 2007

We don't know




This weekend I had the pleasure of viewing Before The Devil Knows You're Dead at the famous Belcourt Theatre in Nashville. Like many of the great movies around (or that I've seen recently) this film covers a particularly heavy topic: family betrayal and deceit.

The movie, however dark and completely depressing, is fantastic. The acting, the music and cinematography all play so perfectly in the entire script. Philip Seymour Hoffman and Ethan Hawke play perfectly as brothers conspiring to knock off their parent's jewelry store in order to collect on an insurance policy and get out of financial trouble.

The actions of these brothers and their father are extremely tough to wrap my head around, but at the end of the day, I am so happy that I saw this movie and would recommend it to anyone who likes anything good. I wouldn't be surprised if some good accolades come to this film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home