11 July 2005

I should have had my hammer

I am getting more and more concerned about the world we live in. "Why's that Patrick?" you ask. "Is it because of terrorism, global warming, AIDS or hunger?"

No, I tell you. It's because 90% of the websites I go to either have a pop-up ad or a banner ad for some on-line dating service. Whether it is true.com, trueromance.com, e-harmony.com or some other cheezy site with pictures of beautifully tanned women and extremely physically fit men, they are everywhere.

I can't figure out whether or not I'm sad, depressed or concerned about the state of relationships in America today. The simple fact that these adverts are nearly everywhere in cyberspace means that the services offered by these companies are beig utilized. People all of this country (and the world I'm sure) are finding love (or lust) through these sites.

Maybe I'm old fashioned. Maybe I'm closed-minded. I don't know and I really don't care either way, but I do know that things aren't the way they used to be. I really wish that men and women would still meet in person. That they would establish a personal relationship instead of first establishing an e-relationship.

Now, to the credit of some of the people who have done this, I'm sure that in certain cases on-line match making has been truly successful and great relationships have grown from that. But I still hold to the fact that it's kind of crazy how many people are relying on these services to find love in this world today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home