10 November 2005

with your tanks and your bombs

So today I feel random. I feel like I want to try to list most of the music I was listening to in 1996 (the year I got my driver's license). These were the tunes that were always played in my wonderful black 1989 VW Jetta. It's pretty random and covers many genres, but here goes. And if anyone else would like to share what they listened to when they were first driving their cars (or ford broncos) then feel free.

-The Cranberries "No Need to Argue"
-Dave Matthews Band "Crash"
-Pearl Jam "Vitalogy"
-Good Riddance "For God and Country"
-REM "Automatic for the People"
-Green Day "Dookie"
-Silverchair "Frogstomp"
-Rage Against the Machine "Evil Empire"
-Metallica "The Black Album"
-Sepultura "Roots" (**This was during my angry phase in life)
-The Smashing Pumpkins "Mellon Collie..."
-No Doubt "Tragic Kingdom"
-The Prodigy "Music for the Jilted Generation"
-Alanis Morissette "Jagged Little Pill"
-Phish "Billy Breathes"
-Buddy Rich Band --Various jazz and big band recordings
-Chopin "Piano Favourites"

**Note that Everclear, Soundgarden, Vertical Horizon, Blind Mellon, Butthole Surfers, Nada Surf and Superdrag were all in rotation from time to time.

My how the times have changed. And yet I still find myself going back and listening to a good number of these records.

2 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, November 11, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guns N'Roses - Appetite for Destruction

 
At 10:04 PM, November 11, 2005 , Blogger Phillip said...

I GOT A SHOUT OUT! I was thinking more along the lines to Better Than Ezra....Good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home