21 October 2005

I never conquer for fear

Last night I went to see the documentary Grizzly Man. It was an experience like no other watching this film. It is the story of Timothy Treadwell, a man who spent 12 summers in the wilderness in Alaska living among the bears and other creature and during the hybernation season he would travel and speak and educate on the needed protection for these animals.

The documnetary incorporates some of the nearly 1,000 hours of footage that Treadwell shot while by himself with footage from the creators to tell this story of his life and efforts. Some of his personal footage shows him in a pretty insane light. He truly thought that he was the only thing that was protecting these bears. He broke many federal and state laws to continue living with them and endured threats from travelers, authorities and nature in this process.

In the end, Treadwell realized that he could no longer take living among humans so he returned to the wilderness just before hybernation and due to lack of food resources for the bears, he and his companion were eaten alive.

Don't worry...I didn't just ruin the movie. This is one of the aspects that becomes known really quickly. I don't know that I'll watch it again, but I am certainly glad that I did get to see it last night.

UT v. UA and AU v. LSU...should be a good weekend

1 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, December 03, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi P rick Copeland,do you know any one who wants to make money with their blog? I have been looking
around at blogs related to I never conquer for fear and I found your site. I like to help people with online
businesses. I have a site that is some what related to your blog and I thought it would help. So
I wanted to leave you a quick message while I was here. Take a look at my site you will be happy
you had did! The site deals with opt in leads,optin leads,and Business opportunity Leads related information.
P rick Copeland, I also have some great stuff on my site that may be of assistance to you or some one
you know.

Thanks!

Don

Here are some sites you may want to look at.
Free Auto
Responder
to follow up with your contacts
wholesale distributor business
Work at home opportunity
Make Money Fast with your computer

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home