13 October 2005

We've calmed ourselves with store-bought dreams

The St. Louis Cardinals took Game 1 against the Houston Astros last night winning 5-2. Chris Carpenter had a nice outting and Isringhausen gave a good scare in the 9th inning giving up two runs, but closed out the game in traditional Cardinal fashion.

Some controversy is taking place right now over the call made last night by the home plate umpire in the Angels v. White Sox game. I like the White Sox, but I really feel that the Angels got the short end of the stick with a confusing call by a confused man in blue. I just don't see how you can call a man out on strikes and then allow him to be safe at first after the catcher had already left the playing field. So the series is now tied 1-1 as the games move to CA.

I'm excited to see how the ALCS comes out. I would like to see the Sox in the series but I'm more afraid of the Cardinals facing them than I am the Angels.

If anyone has any good suggestions of good new (or old) music and movies, please let me know. My brain needs to be stimulated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home