04 October 2005

I'm not an ambi-turner

The University of Alabama Crimson Tide shocked us all. Now understand that I had full confidence that they could and would win Saturday's match up with the Florida Gators, but I had no clue the amount of pressure the Tide's defense would put on them. They held them to three points. The first time since 1992 that Florida has been held without a touchdown. I'm very impressed with how the team played as a whole. I am a bit upset that we will be without Prothro for the duration of the season, but I'm confident that Hall and some of the other, younger receivers will step up and start making some awesome plays. They have the week off so hopefully they will spend some time getting everyone ready to play again like they're the No. 7 team in the nation.

Another shock came when Vanderbilt lost to MTSU after a potential game-winning field goal was blocked by an MTSU defender. Vandy sure did blow a good streak.

Now baseball is getting really exciting. The Cards at the Padres (that's Spanish for the fathers) The Yankees at the Angels and the big debate of who will win the AL MVP: A Rod or Ortiz?

Two good shows are coming up this week in Nashville. Thursday is Jonezetta and the Myriad at The End and Saturday is My Morning Jacket at City Hall. Both promise to be amazing shows.

3 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, October 05, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

my morning jacket. i'll be there. i should probably see you before then, though, cause this whole not hanging out thing isn't really working for me. --karla

 
At 9:13 AM, October 06, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not working for anyone.

 
At 10:27 AM, October 06, 2005 , Blogger Patrick Copeland said...

It works for me Karla....I love you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home