19 September 2005

To remind them why they came...

According to the Associated Press, North Korea agreed today to stop building nuclear weapons and allow international inspections in exchange for energy aid, economic cooperation and security assurances, a breakthrough that marked a first step toward disarmament after two years of six-nation talks.

A representative for the U.S. stated that this is a "win-win" situation. I agree. We give them aid they need (which we would have been giving them all along had they disarmed years ago) and they get rid of the nukes and allow regular inspections.

I am a bit skeptical of this though, because in years past there have been "talks of agreements" and nothing has come to fruition. I'm really hoping that the US can push this agreement through because I am certain that it would help ease so much political tension not only between the two of us, but among many other Eastern countries.


In sports Vanderbilt University is now sitting pretty in the SEC east with a nice 3-0 record, two of the wins coming against SEC teams. Alabama's Crimson Tide is off to a nice start as well at 3-0 demolishing Steve Spurier's S.C. Gamecocks on Saturday. It's also good to see Phillip Fulmer's fat face get rubbed in the mud...even if the loss did come against Florida. I just hate UT that bad.

4 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, September 19, 2005 , Blogger BroBell said...

As a VOL fan, I kind of take offence to the Fulmer comment. I had made the comment to my wife of how proud I was of Vandy with their great start.

If UT couldn't take the SEC east, I would rather see Vandy take it than Floriday or Georgia.

We will have to see how things work out when UT and Vandy meet.

Go Vols! At least beat Vandy!

BroBell

 
At 12:28 AM, September 20, 2005 , Blogger Phillip said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:29 AM, September 20, 2005 , Blogger Phillip said...

Brobell...you are out of your mind if you are even considering Vandy winning the east. If they win the east, then I will find out who you are and buy you a steak dinner at Shula's Steak House. I understand that they are having a nice start for Vandebilt, but UT, UF, ALA, etc. are just on another level of talent.

 
At 8:33 AM, September 20, 2005 , Blogger Patrick Copeland said...

I like it....comments of discussion.

Brobell...all I'm saying is, as a Bama fan, I have nothing but an utter lack of respect for Fulmer and the actions he took to investigate Alabama, violating NCAA rules and not even receiving a written or verbal warning or punishment.

I just think he's a sneaky little toad who got away with murder.

Plus....I was just stating that I was glad to actually see Vandy off to a good start. Phillip's right, there's no way they'll win the east.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home