19 September 2005

and I, for one, have felt its bruises

Last night I was lucky enough to be able to attend the Coldplay concert under the shed at Starwood in Nashville. Unfortunately I missed Rilo Kiley's opening performance, but that was the least of my worries. This was the second time I've seen Colplay live and it topped the first performance hands down.

To see the guys really show a true appreciation of their fans is amazing. I really get the feeling that the band truly understands what it means to be a fan. After all, Chris Martin did offer some amazing insight into the band's obsession with Johnny Cash's music. And during the performance of "Kingdom Come" the four guys sat up front stage (which reminded me of a bluegrass performance) and after the song ended went straight into an amazing rendition of "Ring of Fire." It was amazing and beautiful and respectful.

Out of a scale of 10 I would probably give it a 9.5. The only reason I wouldn't give it a 10 is I personally feel that they could have added another song or two into their setlist. But then again, I understand that Chris has been sick recently so maybe I can be gracious.

Having seen Sigur Ros and Coldplay within a few weeks of eachother has been great. It's renewed my faith in music and made me hopeful for the few live performances I'm anticipating in the near future.

1 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, September 20, 2005 , Blogger Daryl said...

Great show. I can't wait to see them again. I enjoyed everything about the event. Except maybe for the long break between acts. Glad you enjoyed it as well. The atmosphere was amazing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home