06 October 2005

I mean burn your bra....feminist.

Sometimes I think back to the time in my life when I was 7 years old. An age when I first truly formed an understanding of the love of God and that He sent His son Jesus to die for my sins. There was never a question in my mind that this wasn't the most real thing. In the 18 years since then the true root of my faith has never changed. I've never denied God and everytime I've slipped away from Him I found myself running back to him and allowing him to embrace me with his love. But since then things have seemed to become more difficult. Like I have to try to do so much more and understand so much more for my faith in God to be valid. I feel that I have to figure things out in my head and read books to help futher my understanding of God.

I've recently given up. I mean I still like to read books and do good things and be kind and loving and merciful to people. I still feel the need to make things complicated and confusing and frustrating. But before all of that I need to again gain the mindset I had when I was 7 years old in my bedroom of the two-story house on East Glenwood Drive when I first understood God. I need to sit still and rest with an honest peace in my heart that I believe in and serve a sovereign and loving God. And for nothing else to be pleased and take delight in knowing that He is God.

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, October 12, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not your bra!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home