11 October 2005

make it a round of boilermakers

I was lucky enough to see My Morning Jacket this past Saturday night at City Hall in Nashville. Hands down, they are one of the best live rock shows I've ever seen. The music was flawless, the energy was great and the singer's voice was perfect. Plus I think this was the first time that I've seen a band come back to stage for an encore and play five songs. That was great.

I've also been enjoying a record by a band called Hammock. The music is mostly instrumental and sounds, at times, a lot like Sigur Ros. Speaking of Sigur Ros, you should go to the media section of their website and have a look at the new video. It's quite amazing.

Also, the new Mew record is out. It is one of the best records I've heard in a long time. As a friend put it, "every other band should listen to this album and realize that they are really just shit."

I think that may be the only way to describe it.

If time permits in your day you should check out The Militia Group website and under artists look at the photo of the band The Class of 98. The Picture was taken by yours truly and I'm quite pleased with how the shots turned out.

4 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, October 11, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

your truly? your truly?!?

zing.

 
At 8:08 AM, October 12, 2005 , Blogger Patrick Copeland said...

this post was edited just for Robert Carl Crowley III. I do thank you my little proofreader

 
At 11:28 AM, October 13, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, "instURmental"?

and "Speaking of Sigur Ros comma"

finally, "quite please"?



this is fun.

 
At 12:57 PM, October 13, 2005 , Blogger Patrick Copeland said...

Content edited again. Man that was a bad post Robbie. Keep me in check. I seem to be slipping....or maybe I was not even in a position to slip in the first place??????

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home