19 October 2005

this is the last war

Currently there are things that bother me. Well, truthfully, there are always things that bother me, but now I am going to try to list (and possibly discuss) some of these things.

1) Using the word "Your" in place of "You Are." I'm guessing most people just slip on this. I know (and Robbie knows as well) that I am constantly slipping on things. But for some reason when people write out something like "Your the best friend ever." it really gets at me.

2) While I'm talking about improper usage of the English language I will rip on AOL for a while for pounding it into people's brains that it's ok to say "You've Got..." as in "You've Got Mail" Yeah we've all heard it before and probably use it frequently, but it's so wrong. You don't have got anything. You either have mail or you don't have mail. You don't have got mail.

3) People who drive below the speed limit for extended time. I understand that sometimes people have to be cautious and drive a bit slower, but to ride on the interstate in a 70mph zone and go no faster than 58mph is frustrating to no end. NOw I know that your toyota corolla can at least get up to 70 and I just don't understand how some people don't realize what they're doing.

4) The musical group The Pussycat Dolls. I'm not going any further than to say that they are one of the worst things to happen to music ever.

5) Phillip Fulmer.

6) Hot weather more than half way through October.

7) Reality tv. Especially the new one with Rev. Run from Run DMC



Now for some things I've been enjoying lately:

1) The new Mew Record (and the one before it as well). I've said it before but this is an amazing record.

2) The use of double contractions. For instance my friend uses these from time to time. Things like Mightn't've. It doesn't spell out well, but spoken, it's a perfect form of "Might not have." See also "Shouldn't've" and "Couldn't've"

3) Tetley Tea. With two sugars, a milk and poured from boiling water on an electric kettle, a nice cup of tea is one perfect drink.

4) The new Apple Imac G5 with built-in Isight and a detatchable remote control. Apple just brings it sometimes and when they bring it, they bring it good.

5) The show Lost. Sometimes I think it's starting to get a little goofy, but it's still got me hooked.

6) Any John Coltrane and/or Karate album ever released. Just the music I can't seem to get enough of.

2 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, October 19, 2005 , Blogger Phillip said...

Hey buddy.. Its hard to get you on the phone, so I knew you would look here. We really need you in this Judgement House. I'll pay your gas money if you come here and help us. WE NEED YOU! Thanks sweetheart. phillip

 
At 10:15 AM, October 20, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, great karate school. haha. man I absolutely hate the careless usage of "there, their, they're." people need to get it right.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home