27 October 2005

It's a Sox-Cess

It's only been a matter of hours since the White Sox won the World Series and I'm already tired of the Journalistic tag lines used in newspapers, on websites and in broadcast media. Things like "It's a Sox-Cess" and "Sox Sock Houston to win Series" and "Chicago Sox it to Houston"

I don't know...maybe I am traditionalist. Maybe I just like the staright forward headlines. As a journalism student I never was taught that it was ok to use cheesy headline tags. I was taught the traditional way and it's just weird to me to see major city and national papers using such lame tags.

I guess if it were me I would just be bland and have something like, "Sox Sweep Houston to Win World Series." Maybe I'm just dull.


Now if anyone cares here are a few things I've been listening to lately:
REM- "Automatic for the People"
Coldplay - "Parachutes"
Death Cab for Cutie - "The Photo Album"
Rage Against the Machine - "The Battle of Los Angeles"
Ryan Adams - "Love is Hell" Vol I and II
Braid - "Frames and Canvas"
Mineral - "End Serenading"
The Get Up Kids - "On a Wire"

If you are ever bored and need to get excited about something go to Narnia

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, October 27, 2005 , Blogger Phillip said...

Ive been listening to Rage as well. Good call Copey@hotbot.com. Good call.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home