03 August 2007

Smell of wine and cheap perfume

Many people in my close circle of friends and acquaintances are talking about Ron Paul - 2008 Presidential Candidate. I'm not sure how I feel about him personally. Some things I like initially is that his stances are bold and firm. He doesn't seem to be talking around the issues like boarder patrol or the Iraq war. He's 71 years old. Maybe this has something to do with his age. But it's a good thing to be a firm politician. I personally get tired of candidates talking around many issues. There seemed to have been a lot of that in the YouTube debate.

One thing that scares me is that Paul claims to be a constitutionalist. I couldn't pinpoint the words to use when discussing this, but I overheard it in conversation last night. Paul's stance in seeking a "limited constitutional government" can be a bit "isolating." That certainly does not weaken his stance, but it can push potential voters / believers away.

And one thing I'll hate to see is Paul being 2008's Ross Perot or Ralph Nader, pulling votes away from a better candidate.

Man, my head hurts thinking Presidential elections this early, but I thought I'd chime in a tad while it was on my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home