16 July 2007

Slow down!

This weekend saw an extremely detrimental earthquake in Japan which severed roads and caused a seemingly catastrophic leak in a nuclear reactor. Along with this news the city of Krikuk, Iraq saw the deadliest bombings in the city since the start of the war. Nearly 80 people were killed in a series of bombings.

In a positive light, the IAEA has confirmed that North Korea has closed one of its major nuclear reactors; a true sign of progress with a previously defiant leader.

For their 5 November 2007 performance at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tennesse, the Smashing Pumpkins sold out of tickets for the event in a matter of minutes. It's of no consequence, however, as I will be in Scotland for my wedding. Not a bad trade, if you ask me (were you asking?).

In my current reading I am halfway through Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer. It's pretty amazing and has really helped me find perspective on what I truly need to get by in life. This is highly recommended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home