03 June 2008

Everything's going to get lighter


Last night I watched The Orphanage (El Orfanato en Espanol). I'm going to use this time to use a lot of adjectives to describe this film. Oh...and if you like thrillers, you must watch it.

Ok, here we go. This film was, dark, eerie, beautiful, frightening, chilling, unsettling, amazing, beautifully scored, perfectly written.

I hope that's enough to tantalize you (that's right, I used "tantalize" in a post). But it is great and well worth the 150 minutes you'll spend watching it. And if you're a fan of Guillermo Del Toro's films (Pan's Labyrinth is a must-see as well), then you'll find yourself in love with this movie. But, don't expect to fall asleep right afterwards.

Not many films have that type of affect on me. The Shining is one that messed with my head a lot with the imagery, acting, and score that was portrayed in the film. I think I will be seeing The Orphanage again.

I apologize for sporadic writing. My head is all over the place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home