25 July 2005

Twisting my stomach into knots...

The St. Louis Cardinals lost a hard-fought game last night against the Chicago Cubs. I really don't understand why the Cardinals continue to hold onto J. Tavarez. He's been a proven choker over the last two seasons and the two runs he gave up in the 8th to give the Cubs the lead are further proof of that. LaRussa has such a strong squad and it's so insane to me to see him hold onto a weak link like Tavarez. Well the Cardinals did come back to tie it up in the 9th, but the after intentionally loading the bases, gave up a crushing grand slam in the top of the 10th.

In cycling (as everyone knows by now) Lance Armstrong took a 7th consecutive Tour de France. Simply amazing

I picked up two new books this weekend which I am already enjoying one and looking forward to the other. Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris is another one of his collections of stories. These from his childhood are hilarious, sad and disturbing at the same time. He wit and way with re-telling his life is second to none.

I also am quite excited about reading Nick Hornby's Songbook. I don't know what to expect from it, but I've liked reading his books before, so I imagine it will be great.

2 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, August 02, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's two reasons to keep julian tavarez:
1)he used to play for the indians, the greatest team in creation.

2)he's a strong set-up man for my cardinals team on MLB2005 for playstation2, much better than ray king or al reyes. by the way, isringhausen is automatic, but i rarely have less than a 3 run lead, so he doesn't get many saves.

word.

 
At 11:33 AM, August 02, 2005 , Blogger Patrick Copeland said...

Yes the Indians are/were great. But they're not Cardinals. And Tavarez has blown over a dozen leads in the last year of play alone. He's killing me

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home