26 July 2005

Somewhere in South Dakota

For some odd reason these bands have been repeatedly listened to over the past few days:

Discount
Less Than Jake
Mock Orange
NOFX

I guess you can say that I've been a bit musically nostalgic, but I've been enjoying every bit of it.


I'm glad to see the stories floating around about Sony Music and their payolas to radio personalities in order to have Sony's artists played on air. Jennifer Lopez and Good Charlotte are among the "artists" that have had their music played on air as part of a payola deal. The deals have transisted from direct money transactions to things such as mp3 players, vacations, strippers, and event tickets.

This is one of the main reasons that crap is polluting our airwaves. Of course the labels don't care, because they're targeting the under-16 age bracket, as they are the ones with the most disposable income.

I say take the crap, throw it away, replace it with real music and people with real musical ability. It may be bad for Neilson ratings but if good ratings are associated with bad music, then I say the ratings can suffer.

Fun stuff.

3 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, July 27, 2005 , Blogger Phillip said...

TRU DAT! Oh yeah, can I borrow your Nelson cd? thanks.

 
At 9:21 AM, July 27, 2005 , Blogger Patrick Copeland said...

Ohhh Phil..you can borrow my Nelson CD anytime. And you can also borrow Arrested Development too.

 
At 9:22 AM, August 04, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truer words have never been spoken. Good riddance to crap music. I'll stick with the solid stuff e.g. Savage Garden and Ace of Bass. Why does everyone laugh when I say that?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home